For our tool to access the Insights of your Instagram Business or Creator account, a proper link between this Instagram account and its related Facebook Page is required. This is because technically you grant the permission to access the Insights of your Instagram account via its related Facebook Page.
In rare cases, this link can break, causing the Insights to be inaccessible for any third party provider via the Facebook Graph API. This problem sadly exists for longer time already and there are several bug reports where Facebook explains that this is a won't fix for them, e.g. here. There seems to be a bigger underlying issue for Facebook why they cannot fix this problem right now.
To resolve such cases, Facebook typically suggests the following:
- Re-linking your Instagram account and its related Facebook Page by going via the Facebook Page's settings > Instagram and then disconnecting both entities, followed by a re-connect.
- If this does not resolve the issue, Facebook suggests to temporarily convert your Instagram account to a personal account and then back to a business account. Be aware by using this solution your media related Insights will be fully removed at the point you convert into a personal account. So even after having converted back to a business account, you won't be able to access historic media Insights before that switch.
Based on our experience with several customers having experienced this problem, we usually recommend the following steps:
- If you are having problems authenticating for Instagram Insights access for one of your Instagram accounts in quintly, please double check you are generally having the proper permissions to access the Insights of the Instagram account and the related Facebook Page. Our support team can help to confirm this.
- Only if this was confirmed, please try re-linking your Instagram account and its related Facebook Page by using the first approach suggested by Facebook. You do so by going to the settings of the related Facebook Page > Instagram. Then double check there is an active link to your Instagram account in place. Disconnect it. And then re-establish that connection.
Please note: If the Instagram account and its related Facebook Page are managed via the Facebook Business Manager, you are required to have admin rights for the whole business within Business Manager to re-link both accounts.
- Next try re-authenticating the Instagram profile in question within quintly to see if the problem resolved.
- If the problem persists, please do get in contact with our support team before performing any other action. We urge you to not try out converting your Instagram account to a personal account and back to a business account without further consultation of our support team to not risk loosing access to historic Insights data.