You can analyze more in-depth data by connecting your owned profiles to Facebook Insights. You'll see metrics and dashboards in the tool that have a little key sign on them. These metrics can be used with Insights connected pages only. If you are a page analyst, page editor, admin, moderator, advertiser or life contributor on a Facebook page that you added to quintly, you can connect these pages to Insights by following the below steps:
- Find the page you wish to connect in the Profiles section
- Click on the 3 dots to the right of the profile.
- Click Connect Facebook Insights
- You'll see a window pop up, in which you just need to turn the Facebook Insights button on and click "Continue with Facebook"
- You'll be asked to log in to the page with the admin rights
These steps can also be followed to update an Insights connection. Simply click on the 3 dots then select Update Facebook Insights.
Please note, that Facebook Insights has 3 levels of connection: basic access, basic + inbox access and Business Management access. As of 4th of April, 2018 Facebook has paused allowing people to give access to their page's private messages (read more here). If you connected your page with inbox access before the 4th of April, you'll still be able to use the private messages related metrics in quintly.
To disconnect from Facebook Insights, just click on the 3 dots next to the Profile, click "Connect Facebook Insights" and turn the button off next to Facebook Insights.
Please make sure the following when connecting a page to Facebook Insights:
If you are not logged in already with the correct Facebook page, login in with the page where you have the rights:
In this window, you'll see the list of pages you can connect to quintly. If you've already connected some of these pages before, you'll see a checkmark next to them. Don't remove any of the checkmarks as that will disconnect the already connected pages.
In this window, you'll see different options based on the type of role you have on the page. Make sure to turn all of them on. Please note this does not give us access to any of your login details or privacy settings.
Checking if a profile is connected with Insights
Also on the Profiles page, it is easy to see which profiles are connected with Insights. There will simply be a green dot and the text Connected with Facebook Insights. If you hover over this, it will also say who did the authentication.
A red dot indicates that the connection is no longer connected. This usually means that the login information for that account has changed or it no longer has the proper admin rights to the page.
Connecting profiles to Insights via an external link:
If you need to connect a page to Insights in quintly but don't directly have the admin permissions, you can use an external link to ask the admin to connect the page. They don't have to be a user in quintly to do this. Again, you just need to find the page you wish to connect and click on the 3 dots on the right side then click "Connect Facebook Insights". If you click "Get link" on the pop-up window, you'll see a short link that you can send to the admin. The admin will simply need to follow the same steps as described above after clicking on the link. Please note that the link expires in 7 days.
In the case you are unable to connect with Insights, here are some possible solutions:
- Access Token - This token is limited to 60 days and must be renewed thereafter. The green dot next to your connected page means everything is okay and a red light means you need to renew the token. After granting new access everything should work again.
- Password Change - If you change the password of your Facebook or YouTube account, all apps, websites and so on which you accessed via Facebook login need a new access token to work again.
- Admin Rights - If you have no admin rights for a page, it will not to possible to connect quintly with this page. If you have the correct admin rights and are still unable to connect with Insights, please cross check your admin role and if you have the required rights.
Also, here are some important tips:
- It is possible that the Facebook Insights API does not return any data. In most cases this is due to the selected time period. You only get a maximum period of 3 months at one time.
- Insights are only available on pages with at least 30 likes.
- Facebook page Insights metrics are all in Pacific Standard Time (PST).
- Learn more about Facebook Insights
Private Level Statistics
It is important to communicate that connecting your pages to private level statistics in our tool does not give us access to any of your login details or privacy settings. You can find out more about this topic here.