Facebook Insights and YouTube Analytics help to check the performance of your page, ensuring that there is no break while you analyze all your data for optimization. If you are managing a lot of pages/channels, it can be time consuming to switch manually between the insights of all these pages. With quintly you can view all the pages you manage and their insights in one place.
Connecting a profile with Insights
Connecting quintly with Facebook Insights or YouTube Analytics and adding the pages you administrate is a simple process. On the Profiles page, click on the 3 dots to the right of the profile. For Facebook, click Connect Facebook Insights and for YouTube, click Connect YouTube Analytics.
These steps can also be followed to update an Insights connection. Simply click on the 3 dots then select Update Facebook Insights or Update YouTube Analytics.
Note that Facebook Insights has 2 levels of connection: basic access & basic+inbox access. If you wish to use the Private Conversations Table, be sure to select the basic+inbox access.
Checking if a profile is connected with Insights
Also on the Profiles page, it is easy to see which profiles are connected with Insights. There will simply be a green dot and the text Connected with Facebook Insights or Connected with YouTube Analytics. If you hover over this, it will also say who did the authentication.
A red dot indicates that the connection is no longer connected. This usually means that the login information for that account has changed or it no longer has the proper admin rights to the page.
Facebook Ads Analytics
Separate from the Facebook Insights connection is an Ads Analytics connection. This allows you to connect an ad account associated with one of the Facebook pages you are tracking. Currently, connecting with Facebook Ads is only supported in the old version of quintly. You can connect in this Manage Profiles section of your account. Of course once connected, you can use Ads Analytics metrics in both the old and new version of quintly.
In the case you are unable to connect with Insights, here are some possible solutions:
- Access Token - This token is limited to 60 days and must be renewed thereafter. The green dot next to your connected page means everything is okay and a red light means you need to renew the token. After granting new access everything should work again.
- Password Change - If you change the password of your Facebook or YouTube account, all apps, websites and so on which you accessed via Facebook/YouTube login need a new access token to work again.
- Admin Rights - If you have no admin rights for a page, it will not to possible to connect quintly with this page. If you have the correct admin rights and are still unable to connect with Insights, please cross check your admin role and if you have the required rights.
Also, here are some important tips:
- It is possible that the Facebook Insights API does not return any data. In most cases this is due to the selected time period. You only get a maximum period of 3 months at one time.
- Insights are only available on pages with at least 30 likes.
- Facebook page Insights metrics are all in Pacific Standard Time (PST).
- Learn more about Facebook Insights
Private Level Statistics
It is important to communicate that connecting your pages to private level statistics in our tool does not give us access to any of your login details or privacy settings. You can find out more about this topic here.