After adding your first profiles it is time to build your first custom dashboard. A Dashboard is a personalized overview of your most relevant metrics. They are a crucial part of your analytics workflow, since they are not only the basis for reporting, but allow you to deepen your understanding of your competition and provides you a snapshot of the most important KPIs.
Steps to adding a new dashboard
- Head to the dashboard section.
- Click 'Add Dashboard'.
- To create your own dashboard from scratch click 'Create Your Own'. You can learn more about the 'Find a Template' option here.
- Enter the dashboard name and you will also see the option to share this dashboard with other users within your account. Click save.
Steps to adding widgets
- Find and open the dashboard, you will see an empty canvas.
- Click 'Find Your First Metric' or 'Add Metrics'.
- You will be sent to the Discover section where you can find all the metrics.
- You can search for metrics by Social Network, Use Cases, and Visualization (chart types).
- If you want more information about each metric just click to expand it and you will see more detailed information.
- When you find the metrics you wish to analyse just click 'Add to Dashboard' and then select the dashboard you wish to see them on.
How to rename or delete a dashboard
- Find the dashboard and click 'Edit'
- You can easily rename, change the number of columns, share the dashboard with other users or delete the dashboard completely.